Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Condemned

Scripture
John 8:10-11 Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?" 11 "No one, sir," she said. "Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

Observation
Jesus did not just say your not condemned, He declared it meaning that there is absolutely no condemnation in Christ. He sees it all, knows it all and yet He continues loving us as if we were His perfect little children. God told us to be like little children because He wants to treat us that way. With our innocence and purity God is holding us. That woman was probably ready to die, took a breath and said in her heart, i'm ready. But Jesus had other plans for her. Just like he has different plans with us. We think life will go one way, than he changes it in an instant. And thats the point that God raises us off the ground, dusts us off, and tells us to go and sin no more.

Application
Condemnation is something I struggle with. I condemn myself way too much and can't even enjoy life. God didn't want me to get so down on myself but to live a peaceful, joyful life filled with His love and glory. I am my worst critic. I see myself and think the worst, but knowing that God sees me and thinks the best of me only makes me feel better. Knowing that my perfect Father in heaven sees me in a glorious light, makes me want more of Him.

Prayer
God,
I am free in you because you already paid the price of sin. I believe in your mercy and forgiveness. I believe in your love and kindness which I will follow all the days of my life. I love you more than anything else in the world. You are the air i breathe, the water i drink, the food i eat, the smile on my face, the joy in my heart, the love that surrounds me, and the peace that comforts me.
I love you always, Amen.

No comments: