Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Spirits Fire Flame

Scripture
1 Thessalonians 5:16-19 Be joyful always 17 pray continually 18 give thanks in all circumstances, for this is Gods will for you in Christ Jesus 19 Do not put out the Spirits flame

Observation
Paul knew what hardships were coming and wanted them all to know the basics but yet most important things to know about serving God. Serving God wouldn't come easy and takes work.
-When you are joyful always you're allowing God to shine through you
-When you pray continuously you are showing God you trust Him
-When you give thanks through everything you're telling God thanks for the life He has given you
-When you don't put out the Spirits fire you're allowing the Holy Spirit to guide your life

Application
Paul took all these steps in his life and wants even to this day to take those steps because he knows they work. Those things allowed him to go out and spread the gospel which is all he wanted us to do because that's all God wants from us, but to do it with the right heart and right spirit.

Prayer
Lord,
Give me the right spirit. Help me to get up everyday with a different heart and spirit. I don't want to be lazy in the morning but i want to be refreshed, renewed, rejuvenated for You. I want to hear you more clearly. Know you in a closer way, see you with spiritual eyes. I want more of you always. This world has nothing for me and you have everything.
I love you, Amen.

No comments: