Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Friday, November 2, 2007

Commands of His lips

Scripture
Job 23:10-12 But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold.
11 My feet have closely followed his steps; I have kept to his way without turning aside. 12 I have not departed from the commands of his lips; I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread.

Observation
Job was secure in himself and his walk with God. He knew he had done nothing wrong but through his testing he would come out on top. He knew his relationship with God and held tight to his heart. He knew what was inside better than anyone else.

Application
People in our lives try to tell us who we are from what they see on the outside. They tend to forget to look on the inside. But since God only looks at the heart, its the heart that needs to be clean and pure. Job was affected externally but he kept his internal strong because thats what God touches and focuses on. When we keep our heart right, then we can be secure in God. I have to focuses on God and my relationship with Him so I can be secure in me. I won't have to worry about anything else because if I'm okay with God, than God makes everything else okay.

Prayer
Lord,
you know my heart and what stays in there. I know I make mistakes and at times make wrong choices, forgive me for my sins, so i don't commit them again. Help me to make the right choices in life, and follow the right path so I don't get distracted, and my life is focused on you. Please let those people who want to ruin me and get in my business just close their mouths and allow me to live my life. You are the most powerful God and the most caring. Father, have mercy on this life everyday. I know I'll remain strong in you because I give you all the power in my life. I love you, Amen.

No comments: