Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

All Crap


Isaiah 50-52; Psalm 92; 2 Peter 1 Isaiah 52:3 3 For this is what the LORD says: "You were sold for nothing, and without money you will be redeemed."

Isaiah knew what God had told him and wasn't afraid to let others know what the future held.

When i read this scripture I was immediately drawn to it. I didn't understand it at first and it kept me truly puzzled. "You were sold for nothing" I was sold? When? Than I remembered...I was sold into slavery, into sin, into the worlds lies. i sold myself, the devil bought my soul but not with money. Even though I didn't know...Isaiah knew. He knew from the beginning. He knew the power of sin and what it could do to my life. He knew the price was cheap because what the world offers is cheap...pure cheapness; all crap.

Than the second part "And without money you will be redeemed"...this part i understood full well. Isaiah knew what price had to be paid to get us all back to Him. It wasn't $2,000 or $20,000. It had nothing to do with money. It had everything to do with the cross. The power of the cross, the power that Jesus had. And the sin that He had to endure to get rid of ours. To get rid of sin we have to embrace the cross. And we need to stop thinking about money, wealth, riches cause I can't take that with me to heaven. That has no merit...My payment is not with money...its with the Cross.

Lord,
Thank you for the cross. Thank you for the power and authority that you have laid upon it. Your precious life became sin so I can be redeemed. You became sin so I can get rid of mine. Thank you for loving me so much that I can be clean and pure.
I forever love you always
Amen

No comments: