Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Friday, July 23, 2010

7/18/2010 Faith vs Deeds


Isaiah 32-35; James 2 James 2:25-26 In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? 26As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.
Before Christ everything was very religious. People had to obey all the laws and if they didn't, just a little than they would be punished. And that worked...for them. When the generation of James came and when Jesus came things started changing. Jesus took those laws and respected them, however, He made them of less importance and made God (the reason for the laws) more important.

With each generation comes major differences. Jesus rocked my life. His views, his stance, his patience and acceptance was what made me want to follow him. Knowing that I had to work for something greater made me want Him more. I can have faith and that's great but i have to put it in action to make God and everyone else notice. Spread the gospel and if needed use words.

Lord,
Thank you that I can show you who I am and whats in my heart. Thank you that i can show others through my compassion your love and grace. I love doing things for others and being used by you,
I forever love you always
Amen

1 comment:

Koishii_Ookami said...

That's right. Show others the love that Christ has showed you. What's the point of having Him if you are going to hide Him? There is no reason to be ashamed. I encourage you to continue following Him.

koishiiookami.blogspot.com