Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Monday, July 5, 2010

100% Human


Hosea 2-5; Hebrews 2

Hebrews 2:14-18 Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil— 15and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death. 16For surely it is not angels he helps, but Abraham's descendants. 17For this reason he had to be made like his brothers in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people. 18Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.

Jesus was 100% God and 100% man, a mystery that is still being questioned to this day. How is that possible? But Jesus knew all about divinity and living in heaven and yet He knew all about being human and being tempted and what sin truly felt like. Jesus came to be 100% human to help us. God created us and we were made in His image, however, He didn't know what it was like to be human. Than when Jesus came He came to understand and knew that the only way to help us was to become the one thing that was separating us from our creator, sin.

Whenever I watch a movie and there has to be an ultimate sacrifice, sometimes I cry, sometimes I don't care. And that is how life is with Jesus. Some people care and cry and know what He did and they implement it in their daily lives. Others can care less and keep going on with their lives. But God sent His Son to earth not to be like an angel but to be like us. He stripped his divine nature when He came to earth. Yes, He was able to do miracles...but so was everyone else. Yes, He spoke to God and had a personal relationship with Him...but so did everyone else.

We think Jesus was divine when He was on earth. Yes, He was the Son of God and the Messiah and the Savior and that is what separates Him from us. Yet, when He was on earth He was 100% human and everything that He did on earth, everyone else was and is capable of doing it too.

I am capable of working miracles. I am capable of having a personal relationship with God. I am capable of turning from temptation. I am capable of getting rid of the devil. God made me 100% human and in His image with the faith and power and authority that Jesus had when He was on earth. I am 100% human.

Lord,
Thank you for creating me. There are times when I do wish I was someone else because they may have it easier, but it is because I have you that I rejoice and praise you for all that i have and all that I am. I can live because of you and be glad for it.
I forever love you always
Amen

No comments: