Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

7/16/10 This Was Planned


Isaiah 25-28; Hebrews 13

Isaiah 25:1,4,8-9

1 O LORD, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago.

Isaiah was a prophet and God spoke to him about many things especially things that were going to happen in the future. Instead of Isaiah keeping it all to himself he wanted to let the world know about all the amazing things God had prepared.

4 You have been a refuge for the poor, a refuge for the needy in his distress, a shelter from the storm and a shade from the heat. For the breath of the ruthless is like a storm driving against a wall

I believe that God has planned everything in my life. Especially me coming to India. Meeting, ministering, loving, feeding people - the poorest of the poor. It is hot, humid, sticky in India, the flys are everywhere but coming was a small shelter for those in need. Giving them food gave them a small token of joy and a little less worry for the time being where their next meal will come from.

8 he will swallow up death forever. The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears from all faces; he will remove the disgrace of his people from all the earth. The LORD has spoken.

9 In that day they will say, "Surely this is our God; we trusted in him, and he saved us. This is the LORD, we trusted in him; let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation."

This week the people that we saw knew who God was because what they were praying, begging for came to pass. I became an instrument this week for the poor. the lepers - the disgraced were like little children. They were disgraced no more but loved because the Lord has spoken.

Lord,

Thank you! I know I get too comfortable at times and i want to thank you for pulling me our of my comfort zone. Thank you for allowing me to see the poor and bring you to them. You are their comfort, their peace, their joy, their love, and healer, their God, their everything. You are Lord forever.

I forever love you always

Amen


No comments: