Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

7/21/2010 Gods View


2 Kings 18-19; 2 Chronicles 32; James 5 2 Kings 18 19 The field commander said to them, "Tell Hezekiah: " 'This is what the great king, the king of Assyria, says: On what are you basing this confidence of yours? 20 You say you have strategy and military strength—but you speak only empty words. On whom are you depending, that you rebel against me?

The king of Assyria was a prideful man. All he looked at was the things that the world was showing him. If he had a lot of warriors than he had a great army. If he had a lot of gold he was rich. If he had many weapons he was safe. But the Lord saw more than what the man can see. Hezekiah was a man of conviction and prayer. He knew who the Lord was and put his trust in Him.

2 Kings 19 6 Isaiah said to them, "Tell your master, 'This is what the LORD says: Do not be afraid of what you have heard—those words with which the underlings of the king of Assyria have blasphemed me. 7 Listen! I am going to put such a spirit in him that when he hears a certain report, he will return to his own country, and there I will have him cut down with the sword.' "

Hezekiah knew the power of God and trusted in His authority and Word. However there are times that even when I hear the voice of the Lord I doubt it because I see something else. But God doesn't want us to trust in what we see or hear, He wants us to trust in what He tells us and what He shows us. Gods view is so much more powerful and original than my own. His future for me is bigger than anything I can ever imagine and even if someone tells me 'No' but God tells me 'Yes' than i will follow the 'Yes'. It is Gods word that has precedence over anyone else.

Father,
Thank you for your Word. Thank you that you have everything under control and I can trust in you. In those times that I doubt I will run back to you and your word and rely on the future you have for me. I want to rest in your wings now and forever.
I forever love you always
Amen

No comments: