Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Friday, January 22, 2010

This plus That


Exodus 3-5; Luke 22

Exodus 4:24-25 At a lodging place on the way, the LORD met {Moses} and was about to kill him. 25 But Zipporah took a flint knife, cut off her son's foreskin and touched {Moses'} feet with it. "Surely you are a bridegroom of blood to me," she said.

After God telling Moses His plan to free his people and assuring him that he could do it, out pops a scripture that God was about to kill Moses. It just didn't make sense. But Moses wasn't following God to the fullest extent. He was following his wife first. When God calls us to do something that's not the only thing he wants us to do. Its that plus the other laws He has put in the Bible. Moses knew his calling was to free his people but he forgot the covenant of circumcision which he gave to his father Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

When God called me it wasn't just to Pastor but it was also to love, to not judge, to not kill, not steal, to honor my parents, etc. And when i obey Him to the fullest extent is when He will give everything I need and want to the fullest extent.

Lord,
Thank you for calling me to follow you. Only you have my best in mind, Only you can carry out Your word, Only you knows my real heart.
I forever love you always
Amen

No comments: