Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Places to Reach


Genesis 20-22; Luke 8

Genesis 22:9-11
When they reached the place God had told him about, Abraham built an altar there and arranged the wood on it. He bound his son Isaac and laid him on the altar, on top of the wood. 10 Then he reached out his hand and took the knife to slay his son. 11 But the angel of the LORD called out to him from heaven, "Abraham! Abraham!"

In life there are places that i reach that when i get there i don't want to let go. I get to the point and feel good and want to stay but God wants to take me to different places. So it's like the end of a chess game. When you win you say check-mate. Abraham was at the end, he got the son he wanted but God wanted him to take the next step by sacrificing him. Because sometimes we put our journey ahead of God when all He wants to do is push us further.

My life isn't done. I know where I'm called but I'm not done with my work. God wants me to keep going. To look further to sacrifice some things and maybe God will pull back my hand and call my name if He wants me to keep them.

Lord,
help me understand your word more. I want to hear you clearer so if you call my name I'll know its You. Thank you for being faithful.
I forever love you Always
Amen

No comments: