Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

He chooses


Genesis 47-48; Psalm 10; Luke 19

Genesis 48:17-19
When Joseph saw his father placing his right hand on Ephraim's head he was displeased; so he took hold of his father's hand to move it from Ephraim's head to Manasseh's head. 18 Joseph said to him, "No, my father, this one is the firstborn; put your right hand on his head." 19 But his father refused and said, "I know, my son, I know. He too will become a people, and he too will become great. Nevertheless, his younger brother will be greater than he, and his descendants will become a group of nations."

Joseph saw what happened with his dad and uncle because the oldest lost his birthright. He knew his fathers deception as a young boy and didn't want that to happen again. Joseph was a man of peace and love and didn't want strife within his sons. But we don't choose who God decides to bless as the leader.

God has something different in mind. I never saw myself as a leader or counseling anyone to become better people. I never saw myself ahead of my older siblings. I still don't think I'm higher than them but i see God giving me a different calling. A calling for the young people. Who God calls is not who i would choose because i don't know people the way God does. He could've exposed Jacob but God knew his heart and what he was capable of. God didn't have to choose the Christian killing Saul but saw what he would do for His kingdom as Paul. If i let God choose for me, choose for the world than i don't have to worry so much because its all in the hands of God, not mine.

Lord,
Thank you for having everything up to leadership under your control. You are the only one who knows the true heart of people and i trust in your word and judgement. You are the greatest which is why my own heart is in Your hands.
I forever love you always
Amen

No comments: