Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Monday, November 30, 2009

You Alone


Romans 2:28-29 A man is not a Jew if he is only one outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical. 29 No, a man is a Jew if he is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a man's praise is not from men, but from God.

Paul wanted the Romans to realize what it meant that God knows our hearts. That its not how one looks or presents himself before people but who he is when alone with God.

Putting on a Christian good girl mask is easy. You wake up get ready and go. Smile when needed, have manners, look good with clothes and cars but once i go home its a different story because that's when I'm alone. Alone with God. Alone with my thoughts, Alone with my actions. Alone with me. When I'm alone that's when I'm me. Cause God can hear and see it all. He sees the pain, the misery, the confusion, the frustration. And understands why I'm not always joyful and free. But whatever i do, He also knows where my heart is - the part no man can see or feel. God knows my true love for Him even when i sin and disobey. He loves me beyond my weaknesses and allows me to remain in Him.

Lord,
Thank you because your the only one who understands. You're the only one who looks beyond, who doesn't judge but simply loves. You see the heart, not the face and still have your arms wide open. Forgive me for letting me weaknesses take over and not being stronger. You are the only one who truly knows me.
I forever love you
Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I found your blog via Google while searching for first aid for a heart attack and your post looks very interesting for me.