Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Friday, November 13, 2009

Like Jesus without Christ


1 Corinthians 13:1,3 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing

Paul knew that love was the central ingredient to everything we do for God. Every ministry, word, prayer, gift is centralized by Love. And without it nothing would work.

God is love. So without God everything is meaningless. If i try to save a soul but have not live it's worthless on my part. If i try to pray but don't love I'm just babbling. People feel so good when they give to the poor but without love that feeling has no substance. everything i do has to have substance. God is my substance. God is my love. A body without water is drowning, a person without air is choking, a person without a heartbeat is dead. Works, faith without love is useless. Its like Bert without Ernie, Louis without Vuitton, Homer without Marge, cereal without Milk - meaningless.

Lord,
Without you what i do , every step, every word, every thought is nothing. Let me love for you pour out in all that i do. Let that love be what people see. Take me away and show yourself more and more. Reveal yourself to your people so we can live and be more like you.
I forever love you
Amen

No comments: