Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My Growl


Job 27:2-6 "As surely as God lives, who has denied me justice, the Almighty, who has made me taste bitterness of soul, 3 as long as I have life within me, the breath of God in my nostrils, 4 my lips will not speak wickedness, and my tongue will utter no deceit. 5 I will never admit you are in the right; till I die, I will not deny my integrity. 6 I will maintain my righteousness and never let go of it; my conscience will not reproach me as long as I live.

Job knew who was making him suffer, he knew who made him lose his family, his friends, his reputation. But within all the sadness and pain he could've turned away and cursed God but instead he believed even more. When things got worse his faith for stronger, when people cursed him he stood upright and worshipped God. When his flesh could've taken over he made his spirit stronger.

So many times as humans we blame God for the bad things that happen. We are so fast to point fingers instead of lifting our hands in worship and not allowing the world to take us over.

Mark 15:31-32 In the same way the chief priests and the teachers of the law mocked him among themselves. "He saved others," they said, "but he can't save himself! 32Let this Christ, this King of Israel, come down now from the cross, that we may see and believe." Those crucified with him also heaped insults on him.

I am easy to point fingers too instead of praising God for his presence in me. I do what the world expects me to but God wants me to defeat the world and not be like them. Change the way i think, the way i live, the way i am. Change dramatically where the world doesn't understand me, but so God knows I'm totally his.

Lord,
I'm totally yours. Look at my heart and change it drastically. I'm seeking you, your answers, your love, your peace. You.
I forever love you
Amen

No comments: