Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Saturday, August 15, 2009

8/5/09 Never Homeless



2 Corinthians 5: 1 Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands

Paul was telling the Corinthians that they struggle with their bodies because they were constantly destroying it. And whether we kept those bodies or not we still (our spirit) has a home.

v.4 For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life.

We will never be fully happy until we are in heaven. ON earth our bodies and lives are never good enough, we always want and need more from God. But now its time for me to allow God to swallow up my mortality. I don't want to physically die but I want to spiritually live in heaven and earth. And if i die than i know i have another home. A home that i many not see on earth but one that is waiting for me in heaven. My spirit wants to be in heaven which is why I'm not fully 100% comfortable (rejection, hurt, pain) on earth.

Lord,
Thank you for my earthly body and giving me a chance to get to know you. Thank you for blessing me with breath and life and once I'm not on this earth I'll be with you in heaven. I'll always have a home. You are my God.
I forever love you
Amen

No comments: