Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

8/16/09 The Extra Mile

Psalm 112:5 Good will come to him who is generous and lends freely, who conducts his affairs with justice.

Giving is not a new concept. Since the beginning God has wanted people to go the extra mile. Ex: The Good Samaritan, the father in the prodigal son. But when we show kindness and generosity it shouldn't be to see what the reward is because most likely there is none.

Yesterday a kid that i don't know asked me for a dollar. Its so easy to say no or to lie and say i don't have anything but i decided to give it to him. I hardly ever know the reason why people ask for the money but that's where you trust God that whatever i'm sowing in i know He will make sure it won't be takes for granted.

Lord-
You give me above and beyond for a reason and its to help those who don't have much. Keep sowing in me so i can in return help your people that don't have much.
I forever love you
Amen

No comments: