Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Saturday, August 15, 2009

7/24/09 This ones for the ladies


1 Peter 3:3-4 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. 4Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.

Being in the ministry a couple years Peter was seeing changes in the church and culture especially in women. Peter knew how women who have impacted the ministry were and how much greatness they did. Sarah, Ruth, Esther, Deborah. And women should follow their footsteps and not the ones that the world admires.

For a woman, this scripture is hard to follow now a days because society and culture has banged it in our heads that make up, nice clothes, the newest fad would make us beautiful. But its time for me as a woman Pastor to break that mentality. Yes, i can wear that stuff but not to make it my reason is how i can be influential. Let me character and submissiveness and humility shine above any gold and that's when God will show off who i really am.

Isaiah 40:30-31
Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.


Lord,
I put my hope, trust, and faith in you. Everyday i need to come to you and give you my all. I will stumble and fall but i know you are leading me to greater things. Show me the steps and places i need to be. Guide me to the places cause i can't go without you. I want to soar with you, fly with you, be with you. Forgive me for my pride, my blindness, my fear, and my sin. Renew me today
I forever love you
Amen

No comments: