Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Saturday, August 15, 2009

6/26/09 The Hidden Truth



Jonah 4:10-11 But the LORD said, "You have been concerned about this vine, though you did not tend it or make it grow. It sprang up overnight and died overnight. 11 But Nineveh has more than a hundred and twenty thousand people who cannot tell their right hand from their left, and many cattle as well. Should I not be concerned about that great city?"

Jonah was a man wanted to do God will but wasn't in accordance. God wanted to challenge Jonah in what He really wanted to teach him. Jonahs level of grace only extended to "Gods people" but he didn't know the extent of Gods people reached over to the Gentiles as well.

Jonah was like many people today, their religiousness gets in the way of knowing the level of Gods mercy and grace. SO many people have much more forgiveness and patience with a dog than with people that God wants us to reach out to. I will never understand the level of Gods grace because He is divine and hold and I am human and a sinner. However, if God wants me to go out and reach those who need the most mercy than that's what I should do. And its not about Gods deep voice calling me - He's already told us - in His word that we should have mercy on the merciless.

Father,
Your mercy surpasses anything I can understand. But i thank you for it. Only you can show such love to me in my confusion and lost state. Lord make things clear to me as much as possible. Show me whats hidden from my eyes even if it hurts. Guide me to the right path - Your path.
I forever love you
Amen

No comments: