Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Revive my soul


Psalm 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul. The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple.

David was a man after Gods heart so he knew how to get closer to God. His laws were to be followed because they not only help us do His will but like David said they revive the soul and give joy to the heart. Gods laws are not for us to just live by but to have joy from them. They bring life where we are dead.

v. 8-9 The precepts of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the LORD are radiant, giving light to the eyes. 9 The fear of the LORD is pure, enduring forever. The ordinances of the LORD are sure and altogether righteous.

When i obey the Lord I'm not just being an obedient servant but I'm bringing joy to my heart. I'm allowing the Holy Spirit to bring his fruits in me. Life can bring disappointments and i can sit and allow them to take over but when i obey God that sorrow will turn into joy, into a revived soul, light, into radiance.So every time i feel down i know i just have to come back to God because He takes care of His servants and children.

v. 11 By them is your servant warned; in keeping them there is great reward.

Lord,
i know what to do now. I have been down and not following you. But you bring me joy and i will follow your laws to revive my soul. You are the radiance in my eyes and the peace in my heart.
I forever love you
Amen

No comments: