Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Even when it hurts


Psalm 15:4b "...who keeps his oath even when it hurts"

David was asking God who may dwell in His sanctuary and live on His holy hill. And God gave David revelation. Some revelation was apparent: 1. whose walk is blameless 2. who speaks the truth 3. no slander 4. does neighbor no wrong 5. despises a vile man 6. honors those fear the Lord 7. lends his money 8. does not accept a bribery

Even with all those things there is one i couldn't pass - he who keeps his oath even when it hurts. So many people break their word because its easier and more convenient for them. But God doesn't like us to break our covenants. The words that come out of our mouth are the words that from our hearts. So when our mouths lie, they stem from our heart.

I know many people lie and I'm one of them. I want people to be honest with me and even expect it but how hard am i when i don't keep my oath? So many times I found myself caught in something where it would be easier to lie, but that's why God has made it so important to follow and a commandment to follow to get into His kingdom because sometimes it does hurt and the world is not used to truth Sayers. So its up to us to be that difference.

Father,
I don't want to lose my oath. I don't want to be a person who lies out of convenience. Help me today and everyday to tell the truth. Keep me in check to do the right things before you. I want to walk on your guided path. Keep me straight in every way in my life.
I forever love you
Amen

No comments: