Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

God is good to me


Psalm 13:2-3 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me? 3 Look on me and answer, O LORD my God. Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;

David knew what was coming to him. He knew the anxiety in his heart was real and just wanted it to stop. The only way he knew to stop how he felt emotionally was to give it over to God.

There is an enemy that is taking over me and I am the only one who can conquer it. The enemy is myself, my thoughts, my feelings, my emotions, My heart is whats taking over me and making me think of things that don't really matter. Because my focus should constantly be on God. I can be suffering from a broken heart but i don't have to torment myself to the point that its all i think about. i know i am worth more and God has made me more than a conqueror.

v.5-6 But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. 6 I will sing to the LORD, for he has been good to me.

Human don't think on Gods level and God has and always will be good to me. So through my constant thoughts and the sorrow of what i don't have but want i will rejoice and sing because God is good to me.

Father,
You are good. You're good to me and i can always count on you being a good man. I know you love me and have the best for me. I will praise you through the sorrow and pain because you will change it to joy and blessings. Only you know my heart. So keep it safe and guarded.
I forever love you
Amen

No comments: