Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

You want some cookies?


1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Paul knew what it was like to know so much but do nothing with it. He was a scholar who studied with the best. He knew scripture, but never put it into practice. All he did was use it for evil because he forgot that love was the way to success.

1 Corinthians 13:11-12A When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12.
Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face


As a child, I was innocent. I saw things with a brighter future. My parents were perfect, my family was happy, I was in heaven. But once I hit a certain age my mind began to change and i saw things darker. I became pessimistic and worrisome. I started to fear and doubt the future. My sin made me feel guilty and terrible. My life went downhill once I earned reality.

1 Corinthians 14:12B Since you are eager to have spiritual gifts, try to excel in gifts that build up the church.

We try to grow up so fast and become selfish but God wants us to grow up thinking of everyone else besides "me".

1 Corinthians 14:20,23 Brothers, stop thinking like children. In regard to evil be infants, but in your thinking be adults.
23 So if the whole church comes together and everyone speaks in tongues, and some who do not understand or some unbelievers come in, will they not say that you are out of your mind?


To grow up doesn't mean you have to be above people it just means during certain topics you need to be wise and mature. When it comes to God, He wants me to be like a child, innocent and pure in all ways . I can't just "try my best" to be like a child. I need to transform my thinking from the worlds to Gods. If I am here to gain souls I can't be over them but instead be like a child and love them with my whole heart. Share my cookies with them, be their best friend without knowing their first name, run with them, hold their hand, smile at them.

Father,
Transform my heart. Its too old, make me thoughts into a child's and create in me a new spirit. Help me to think and act like a child while remaining wise to the enemies tactics. You are my God and I am forever your child.
I love you Always
Amen
PS Hi Daddy ;0)

No comments: