Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

11/2 Nothing Left


Mark 12:42-44 But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a fraction of a penny. 43.Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. 44.They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything--all she had to live on."

This widow had nothing to live on but her faith. The belief that when she would drop those coins in, God would hear the cry of her heart she didn't just give cause she was poor, but because there was nothing left.

When we come before God He really wants us to be broken and open to hear from Him. Its not about us knowing everything and having it all but about giving it all back with a humble heart.

Lord,
Give me a humble heart that when i give back to you it will be with my whole heart and soul and mind. I don't want to give you riches but everything that I am. All that you've given me, I want to double it for you.
I love you Always
Amen
PS Show me your heart...

No comments: