Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Monday, November 24, 2008

For the children


Matthew 19:13-15 Then little children were brought to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked those who brought them. 14. Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." 15. When he had placed his hands on them, he went on from there.

The importance of being like a child was part of Jesus' ministry. Once we become like a child we belong to the kingdom of Heaven because we can truly see the glory of God with pure eyes.

Part of Jesus' frustration was that his disciples didn't catch on quickly. Before Jesus saying that the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to the children he had specifically told them: "...I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the kingdom of heaven..." (18:3-4)

As a modern day disciple of Christ I am to study His word and live it. He says to change myself into a child, have a mind like a child, then my thoughts, words, and actions are to change. If a child needs me I am to be there for them; guide them on the right path, listen to them, pray for them. Than...learn from them.

Father,
Your children are the future and I want to be a part of that generation. I want to see them grow up and rule this nation for you. Let me be a part of that, Lord, i want to be a part of your kingdom. As an adult Lord, guide me, help me, use me to better your heaven.
I love you Always
Amen

1 comment:

Htoi Lahpai said...

hey melissa, can i add you as a kool kid on my blog? i just like finding cool bloggers i can announce to the world. i love whats in your brains and in your heart.