Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Friday, October 30, 2009

Securing my childrens future


Job 21: 7-9, 12-15
Why do the wicked live on, growing old and increasing in power? 8 They see their children established around them, their offspring before their eyes. 9 Their homes are safe and free from fear; the rod of God is not upon them. 12 They sing to the music of tambourine and harp; they make merry to the sound of the flute. 13 They spend their years in prosperity and go down to the grave in peace. 14 Yet they say to God, 'Leave us alone! We have no desire to know your ways. 15 Who is the Almighty, that we should serve him? What would we gain by praying to him?'


Job was being mocked by his friends and wanted to prove something to them. That yes whoever doesn't follow God may seem like they have a better life. It looks good from the outside and they seem happier and get more worldly wealth. But Jobs point was in v. 16
But their prosperity is not in their own hands, so I stand aloof from the counsel of the wicked.


See, what Job knew was that those people got their wealth from God without knowing it. And it could be taken away just as easy.

v. 19 It is said, 'God stores up a man's punishment for his sons.' Let him repay the man himself, so that he will know it!

Some men don't see their sin while living in the wrong because it is passed down to generations and that is even worse than being able to deal with your own unbelief.

With God i could give my children a good future. I'd rather be like Job and have God bring punishment on my life than have my children pay for my sins. That's why its better to live a God fearing life because i can guarantee my unselfishness will pay off and my children can have a peaceful life.

Lord,
thank you for making it possible for me children to live in peace. Show me the areas to work on so i can deal with them now and guarantee my future a good life with you. Even if i have to go through pain, i will because my future is more important to be with you than without you.
I forever love you
Amen

No comments: