Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Friday, October 16, 2009

Behind the Scenes


Acts 5:38-39 Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. 39But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God."

Gamaliel was a wise man and had the fear of God. He also knew the history of men trying to persuade others to follow them. At times we don't know who is fighting for us in behind the scenes. We think we are fighting battles alone. But when God is involved He uses the most unlikely people to help His own people.

God doesn't only use people in the ministry to help. If we remain strong and prove we are more than Bible reciters and yellers, people we least expect will rise to our favor. This world is not only filled with ministers but with businessmen and blue collar workers that will rise for His glory. As a minister I need to open my eyes to others because God brought them around to help me and others like me.

Lord,
I know you made me into a minister and others as lay workers. Neither calling is higher than the other. Give me the words and knowledge to find those people that will help me in life. I need strength to get out of my shell and be more open. I ask for a bigger personality and less shyness to know and talk to your people and to save more for your glory and kingdom.
I forever love you
Amen

No comments: