Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Simon


Luke 22:31-32 "Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you as wheat. 32. But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

Jesus was addressing Peter with his old name. At that very moment He didn't see Peter as a rock but as his old self. satan was asking for Peter but Jesus knew that he would turn into Simon once temptation rose. This shows that God allows satan to tempt us but Jesus goes on the defense for us by praying and telling us to hold on and keep strong. Jesus knew Simon would fall but after that Jesus wanted him to turn back to Peter and help the other disciples to remain like a rock.

22:61-62 The Lord turned and looked straight at Peter. Then Peter remembered the word the Lord had spoken to him: "Before the rooster crows today, you will disown me three times." 62. And he went outside and wept bitterly.

I read the Bible and see all the things i should and shouldn't do yet i do those wrong things. Jesus tells me to hold on and keep my faith yet i find myself sinning over and over again. Yet Jesus is saying after you sin go and help those other sinners so they can remain strong and help even more people. Jesus is praying for me because i can help those that don't know they are sinning, He's praying so i can be like a rock after the hard times come and when they do, if i fall, i will go and weep before God and come out stronger.

Lord,
Make me a rock. A rock that doesn't break so easily. You have made me in your image and i choose to be stronger than before. Even if satan wants me i choose not to allow him in and for you to take me over. God take my life and use it for your kingdom.
I forever love you
Amen

No comments: