Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Righteous vs. Sinners


Luke 15:7 I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.

Jesus knew the hearts of the men he was talking to. All he wanted from them was for them to change their hearts and be men of their word. God knows our hearts and wants us to be real with ourselves; be real with who we are and expose that. The men were trying to be so righteous that they forgot that they were still sinners.

Some people think why even try to be righteous if God celebrates the sinners? Why should i try to be good if the ones who sin get most of the praise for turning their lives around? My answer is the more you sin the more guilt will eat you up and a party is temporary. When we are good we are not better, we are still sinners. I am a sinner. As long as that is still in our hearts that even though i didn't get into drugs and gangs and had a miraculous change...I am a sinner. And I need to ask for forgiveness every day.

Lord,
You are my judge and my Saviour. Show me the things i need to change in my life and please forgive me for the pain i have caused and for pushing you to the side. You are my guide and shield, protect me this day and forever.
I will forever love you
Amen

No comments: