Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Friday, January 9, 2009

Beyond Emotions


Genesis 23:14-16 Ephron answered Abraham, 15. "Listen to me, my lord; the land is worth four hundred shekels of silver, but what is that between me and you? Bury your dead." 16.
Abraham agreed to Ephron's terms and weighed out for him the price he had named in the hearing of the Hittites: four hundred shekels of silver, according to the weight current among the merchants.


Reading the Bible can teach some life long lessons. I find it sad when people say this book doesn't have the answers because they are right in front of us. Abraham could've been greedy and taken the land for free because he led these people. He could've let his emotions take over and agreed with Ephron. But he decided to do something different. He didn't want anything hanging over his head or be indebted to someone. He made a choice beyond emotions.

As life passes us by we'll have friends, enemies, and acquaintances. People will love us, hate us or just not care. But as life brings its challenges God brings His wisdom. I can deal with things the wrong way and hurt other but God brings His grace. I can destroy someones hope in me, but God brings His mercy. I can betray those I love but God brings His forgiveness.

Whatever God brings is what our Spirit should follow. Emotions are from God but sometimes they need to be controlled because than we can make decisions based on what we want and not what the Lord wants for us.

Father-
Happy New Year. I know your time is different than mine but you know whats going on. I thank you that you have given me the privilege to have another year, to start over and to work things out. You have given me grace and forgiveness and I couldn't go on without you. You're my Savior and Lord and my Best Friend.

I love you forever
Amen

No comments: