Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Monday, August 18, 2008

Stop doubting

John 20:24-25, 27 Now Thomas (called Didymus), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. 25 So the other disciples told him, "We have seen the Lord!" But he said to them, "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe it." 27 Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe."

The point of the cross was not for those people who saw it, were upset, than believed in how holy Jesus was but for those people who didn't see Him suffer and bleed. Jesus resurrected not for those who needed to see every little part of Jesus' history, but for those whose faith would lead them to beieve. For those who had to work a bit harder to know Jesus.

As a child I believed in Jesus easily because it was taught to me and thats what i knew growing up. But as an adult I had to decide for myself. I couldn't see the marks on Jesus' body but my faith had to kick in and than it became my choice, my life, my decision. And Jesus said "blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed"


Father,
I don't know how i would have been if I lived when you walked the earth. But i know you are still alive and remain holy in this place. You are the God of all that rules all and protects all. Rule my life, govern my world adn do your will here.
I love yo Always
Amen

No comments: