Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Monday, August 18, 2008

8/5/08 You are my Breath

John 7:16-18 Jesus answered, "My teaching is not my own. It comes from him who sent me. 17 If anyone chooses to do God's will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own. 18 He who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself, but he who works for the honor of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him.

The pharisees were trying to catch Jesus doing something wrong but they wouldn't be persecuting Him if they really knew who God was. Jesus said if you follow the will of God you'll know the truth. Those people obviously didn't know the truth because it was sitting right in front of them and they were persecuting Him.

Reading the word, I usually don't know how i would react to Jesus, I pray that its not like the pharisees. As a Pastor I never want to talk with my own word even though I know I do at times. But since I know the truth, the truth will come out of my mouth.

Lord,
Give me your words, your truth, your vision, your wisdom. You are glorious above all and I choose to follow you because you are truth, and the life in me. Breathe in me every moment cause I cant breathe on my own.
I love you Always
Amen

No comments: