Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Monday, August 18, 2008

7/31/08 The Father Alone

John 2:24-25 But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all men. 2He did not need man's testimony about man, for he knew what was in a man.

During this time men were seeing all what Jesus was doing and believing in Him because of the miracles but He still wouldn't give himself completely to man because of whats inside of man. Humans cannot be fully trusted and Jesus knew that, therefore He was cautious from beginning to end. He knew the good and the bad which is why He trusted solely in God to move forward.

I know my good and my bad, i also know of that of those around me which is why I need to be more like Jesus and trust in the Father alone. He didn't have to ask others about what they were thinking because He already knew. My focus has to remain in Christ not on man. My trust has to remain in Christ, my faith, my joy, my love, my passion, my will has to remain solely on the Father or I'll be just another confused Christian not doing anything with my life.

Father,
you know me better than anyone. you know where my heart lies and what i need most from you. You're my everything and my one and only and my one true love. Guide me everyday and never let go of my hand. I need you more now than ever before. Help me to be a better follower and servant. Close off the voices of man and open my ears solely on your voice.
I love you always
Amen

No comments: