Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Monday, June 9, 2008

Fear God always

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. 14 For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil.

Solomon was a man who was the wisest of them all. But even so, he was still a man. Going through struggles just like I am. And above all else, he found what he and I need to eventually do, "Fear God and keep His commandments" that's what it all comes down to. We could truly fear Him by putting His law in our hearts and letting it take us over or vainly fear Him and having His law in our minds - forgetting and remembering at our pleasure. Whichever it is Fear God is the whole duty of man - The reason of my existence.

Psalm 94:18-19 When I said, "My foot is slipping," your love, O Lord, supported me. 19
When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my sou
l.

I sometimes go through things and have no idea what to do. Before this journal I asked God "tell me what to do!" And till this day I expect God to show Me a clear cut answer and when I don't get one I get even more confused. And I thought I didn't get one till now. Whatever I'm going through even if I don't know what the next step is all I have to do is Fear God and keep His commandments. And He will rescue me once I do that because that's what He has called me to do forever and always.

God-
There are times when I don't understand your message to me. And I don't know where to go. But above it all I will fear you and keep your commandments. That's is my duty - that's is why I am here. It is for you and only you everything is just extra. But you are my whole. Lord, keep talking to me - keep me close and let your love shine through me. Thank you for your unconditional love today and always. I believe in your call for me.
I love you Always
Amen

No comments: