Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Guide me to whats Next

Proverbs 4:20-27 My son, pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words. 21
Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; 22 for they are life to those who find them and health to a man's whole body. 23 Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. 24 Put away perversity from your mouth; keep corrupt talk far from your lips. 25 Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you. 26 Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm. 27 Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil.

God gave us the 10 commandments to obey but He wasn't finished giving us ways to live. God used Solomon to bring wisdom to the people and me. He knew that giving us instruction directly from Him would start us on the right path. He wanted to be specific, so we can understand exactly what He was looking for. #1 God wants me to take care of my life and health. Gods word is life to my soul and food to my body without it i don't live. #2 I have to guard my heart from everything the enemy wants to do with it. If my heart is wrong so is the rest of me. #3 Whatever comes out my mouth is what I have inside. If my words are perverse - than so am I. #4 My eyes are what guides me to the next step. If I am blind to whats in front of me than I am blind to everything. #5 My feet are what keeps me leveled if they are not based strongly than I'll consistantly fall.

Proverbs 6:20-24 My son, keep your father's commands and do not forsake your mother's teaching. 21 Bind them upon your heart forever; fasten them around your neck.
22 When you walk, they will guide you; when you sleep, they will watch over you; when you awake, they will speak to you. 23 For these commands are a lamp, this teaching is a light, and the corrections of discipline are the way to life, 24 keeping you from the immoral woman, from the smooth tongue of the wayward wife.

Two chapters before God gave me what He wanted me to follow from Him and now He wants me to follow my parents teaching. Now my question as a 27 year old is how far does that go if you don't agree with everything? But also thats where maturity comes in on my part. I guess God is telling me to really be wise about the counsel i do follow because if i follow the wrong one than i could make the wrong life altering decision.


Romans 8:38-39 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Father,
I know that no matter yesterday, today or tommorow You will always love me for my heart and my love for you. Search me oh God and see how faithful I want to be and will be. Others may not understand but you do.
I love you Always, Amen

No comments: