Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Take out my Junk

Romans 2:!2 All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law.

Romans 2:25 Circumcision has value if you observe the law, but if you break the law, you have become as though you had not been circumcised.

Paul's letter to the Romans is a direct one. These people needed help in their walk with God because of everything they were seeing everyday. Paul wanted to be clear with them and show them the reality of life. If someone claims they were saved yet broke Gods laws they were not under God anymore. And that's how we need to take this scripture. Paul is not talking about circumcision alone, but about all those things we do to please God.

Romans 2:29 No, a man is a Jew if he is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a man's praise is not from men, but from God.

Whatever I do to please God needs to come from my heart or else it doesn't matter. All I do needs to be done in love or its nothing. God wants my offering; my sacrifice. All has to come from the inside of me because that's where God can see the real me instead of all the junk man sees on the outside.

Lord,
Show me your will to keep going on the right path. I know you love me and want me next to you. Speak to me clearly so i can be right in your eyes. I want the real me to shine instead of all the junk that's in me. Take away my junk and be real to me. Help me to see the truth in my life, the way you see it.
I love you Always, Amen

No comments: