Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My hands are Empty

Psalm 19:12-13 Who can discern his errors? Forgive my hidden faults. 13
Keep your servant also from willful sins; may they not rule over me. Then will I be blameless, innocent of great transgression.

Psalm 30:6-7 When I felt secure, I said, "I will never be shaken." 7 O Lord, when you favored me, you made my mountain stand firm; but when you hid your face, I was dismayed.

There are times in my life that i go through seasons. Every season has a purpose - to get to the next season in success. I go throuhg certain things so God can try my heart to see where I stand. And when He knows I'm not ready for the next step He keeps me in that season until I am ready.

At one point in my life I knew that nothing could come against me. I was strong and ready for anything the devil through at me. but now, today, I feel like I walk on shaky ground. I feel like God has turned His face from me and I have to fend for myself. And I'm failing. I'm not doing the right things in His sight. I am "dismayed". Whenever a young girl or a friend comes to me with the same issue I give them words of encouragement. I tell them its not too late to turn to God. That they just have to ask for forgiveness and move on and stop doing their sin. But I am my worst enemy. It seems like I can't see myself the same way. But David gave an uplifting ending to the same thing he felt (v.12) that my heart may sing to you and not be silent; O Lord, my God, I will give you thanks forever

So no matter what I am going through or what I am doing I have to give thanks to my God. No matter how hard it is to see the joy in my sorrow - God will show it to me. As long as my heart sings only to Him forever.

Lord,
My hands are empty and my heart is down. I need you today more than yesterday. I need to see your face and hear your voice. Don;t turn away any longer. Show me the areas that I have to change. God, you give me life and breath which I am forever thankful for. Give me the strength to keep going in my walk that I choose the right path from this day forward. Forgive me of all sins in my heart and mind. I cannot hide anything from you. Cleanse me and Renew me today. Only you can do that.
I love you Always
Amen.

No comments: