Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Same Love

Philippians 2:1-2 If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2 then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose.

Paul knew what it was like to feel the presence of God. Even when it was a small sign like the feeling of joy or peace he knew God was alive and close. And with the big signs and little signs Paul wanted everyone to work in one spirit and purpose.

Philippians 2:12-13 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, 13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.

Sometimes when i meet someone or go to a conference and learn something that changes my life, I don't want to leave or when I'm going through a hard time I want to go back. But God isn't present in specific places, He is everywhere. And my salvation is a process - it doesn't reach the highest levek than everything is perfect. Every day I struggle and I have to work out my salvation through them - making sure I don't lose my cool or my testimony.

Father,
Your will is what I strive for. Your purpose is what I desperately want for me. ONly You know my next step and where I am going. Above it all I want to live in fear of You. I want to bow down to your feet and hear your voice. I want to feel your breath over me and your peace surround me. Lord, I know your alive and with me and in that I will be continuously happy because I will never be alone.
I love you Always
Amen

No comments: