Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

June 17- Not Earthly Things

Colossians 3:5-7Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry.6 Because of these, the wrath of God is coming. 7 You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived.

Being Single Paul knew the things men felt and essentially wanted. He knew the struggles of the inner man and knew how easy it was to fall into that trap. He didn't want the people of Colosse to be another church fallen into earthly sins when Paul could've given them easy rules to live by.

Colossians 3:2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.
Being young and single its hard to keep the earthly man inside. Its easy to remind myself that God will judge me but in the moment, thats not what I am thinking about. God tells me to set my mind on His word and His things because thats a strong weapon. I can set my mind on the right things and have a better life. My mind can determine my future as long as i think and know i can change than i can. I have to make Gods thoughts my thoughts. ANd when I do that I'll have success.

Lord,
you know my inner thoughts and feelings. You know my true heart. My mind is yours, help me to keep my thoughts on you forever. Forgive me God when I have forgotten about you. When i have forgotten aboput your word. Put in me a clean heart oh God and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
I love you Always,
Amen

No comments: