Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

June 18- Some people have real problems

Colossians 4:2-3 Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. 3 And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains.

Everytime we're in prayer the first person we pray for is ourselves. Than we pray so much for ourselves we get tired and forget other prayers. God knows our hearts and has made us in a specific way. What He wants is to forget our needs for a second and think about those with real problems.

My problems are real to me and I suffer in a way that my neighbor may not suffer. But God still wants me to think about those around me whether their issues are smaller or bigger. My duty as a Christian and to be Christ like is to push me aside and put others ahead not only in public but in private as well. It's not always what others see but what God sees when others aren't looking.

Father,
Lately I've been selfish trying to fix my issues and not thinking about those around me. Lord, give me the heart to remember those less fortunate even if they are thousands of miles away. Give me the strength to keep going forward because I know you are the light at the end of my tunnel.
I love you Always,
Amen

No comments: