Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Worry


1 Samuel 22; Psalm 17; Matthew 6


Matthew 6: 33-34

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.


There are so many things in this world to worry about. Jesus knew about all the little worries once he became human. As a divine being of course He didn't worry about anything. In heaven He knew that life would be ok for everyone, but He never felt that nervousness. I believe Jesus would feel that nervousness when he thought about the cross and what needed to be done. So for Jesus, He knew that He would take care of His children and we need not worry.


Worry is one of the things i do best. I worry about every little thing. I hate doing it though. I get this feeling inside me like sweaty, heart beating, can't think straight, can't eat...can't do anything until i know what in the world is going on. And a lot of the time I don't find out whats going on, i just have to move on. I have simply moving on, but putting my faith in God and knowing that He has everything under control I need to think in that. There is freedom in not worrying. There is grace and mercy in not thinking about what other people think, in just focusing on Him.


When i put my focus on Jesus I have freedom from all worries, all pain, all hurts, all sin, all temptations, all fear, all judgements, all weaknesses.


Lord,

Thank you for being my God. Thank you for overcoming all fear, all lies, all sin, everything the enemy wants to bring on us. You have given us freedom to choose you. Freedom to be with you, to love you, to serve you. You are my God of justice, praise, and holiness. You are My God.

I forever love you always

Amen

No comments: