Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Vulnerable




1 Samuel 24; 1 Chronicles 8; Psalm 57,58; Matthew 8

1 Samuel 24:16-21
When David finished saying this, Saul asked, “Is that your voice, David my son?” And he wept aloud. 17 “You are more righteous than I,” he said. “You have treated me well, but I have treated you badly. 18 You have just now told me of the good you did to me; the LORD delivered me into your hands, but you did not kill me. 19 When a man finds his enemy, does he let him get away unharmed? May the LORD reward you well for the way you treated me today. 20 I know that you will surely be king and that the kingdom of Israel will be established in your hands. 21 Now swear to me by the LORD that you will not cut off my descendants or wipe out my name from my father’s family.”

Saul was vulnerable. He knew that David was close to killing him and that he was capable. This is where Sauls heart was. Saul loved David, he knew deep down that David loved him too. David was a man after Gods heart and wanted to show God that he was listening.
Because Saul knew he was so close to death, his true colors were shown. But it was Sauls pride and arrogance that took over his true feelings for David. Saul was so jealous and prideful that even though deep down he knew that David was a good man, he couldn't be anything but first.

God wants us to be like David. David, even though he cut off the robe of Saul to warn him, he knew it was the wrong thing to do. He wanted to make things right. David put his pride aside and decided to be the man that God called him to be. Saul didn't have the same feelings, he allowed wickedness to fill his heart.
Our pride is there, but it should be swallowed. Our pride needs to be put in the back of our minds and we are to submit to those in authority to us. God put those people in authority for a reason and until God calls us to a different position than we are to stay.
There are times where its so easy to let the enemy take over our thoughts and feelings but we need to allow God to work in us and be vulnerable to Him.

Lord, Make me vulnerable to you. To your word, to your voice, to your calling. Thank you for making me sensitive and soft and I want to always be that way especially with you. To be with you, to dance with you, to love you. I forever love you always Amen

No comments: