Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Monday, March 23, 2009

Freedom in Commitment


1 Corinthians 8:9 Be careful, however, that the exercise of your freedom does not become a stumbling block to the weak

Freedom is not simply about being free to do whatever you want but ironically its a commitment. When in a relationship you are free to be with that person and its freeing because you don't have to go through the drama anymore. When one is free in Christ, they are committed to that freedom and even the responsibilities that come with it. Whether free or bound there are responsibilities that need to be accounted for.

v.12-13 When you sin against your brothers in this way and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ. 13Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother to fall into sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause him to fall.

I have a responsibility in my freedom. I cannot allow my actions to affect someone so much they sin because of it. When i was bound to the enemy i didn't care about others, it was all about me. But now in my freedom i am committed to thinking about others. I am committed to trying my best in doing the right things as best as i can. I am committed to be a solid rock and not a stumbling block. And though this seems like a lot for me to handle i know i am free of the worry, the doubt and the confusion of my life and who I'm supposed to be. God gave me a plan - a plan to be committed to His freedom and helping others make the same commitment.

Lord,
I am committed to you. To your love, to your grace, to your freedom. I am following you because i believe in you and everything you stand for. You are the only one that has remained and will continue to stay with me. I trust in you and have never regretted committing to you. I give you my life body and soul today and forever.
I forever love you
Amen

No comments: