Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Bypass it all


Joshua 1:8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

Moses just died and Joshua was put in charge. To suddenly going from follower to leader can bring fear and stress. But Gods advice was simple and meant for anyone whatever level they're in.

Psalm 37:4-5,7, 23-24 Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. 5 Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: 7 Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. 23 If the LORD delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm; 24 though he stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand.

When God looks at His children, he doesn't see what level of leadership they're in. So God didn't see Joshua as a follower than a leader but he saw him as a child of God. He saw his heart and the fear inside of it. When God sees us he looks at the heart and what we need the most comfort in. Today God is seeing my heart and knows what i need to hear. He knows i need to hear to keep hanging on. Keep hanging on to His word, His promises, to His joy and delight. He knows that i need to hear to keep being patient with Him that all my desires will come to pass because he promised them. But i need to trust him and delight in Him. So knowing what God is telling me i gotta tell Him that i will do what i need to do to be closer to Him.

Father,
At times its hard to be joyful and to simply trust in your timing. Sometimes i want to do things my way in my time but i know that's not doing your will. Lord help me see what you do to be like you are and forgive and be compassionate to all people. Give me the strength and courage to by pass those things that hurt me and see the things you have in store for me.
I forever love you
Amen

No comments: