Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

3/11/09 Be a Gentile


Galatians 2:11-12 When Peter came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he was clearly in the wrong. 12Before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group.

Paul had crawled his way to the top. He was on the bottom for so long that it was too hard for him to stand up right away. So he got mad when Peter took his relationship with the gentiles for granted. Paul knew what it was like to be against God and even though he was a Jew he had a gentile mentality and didn't want any gentile to be lost just because peter was embarrassed of what the others would say about him.

As a minister for God i have to be ready to sit with anyone. God puts certain people in my path so they can feel accepted and welcomed and loved. So when i am with them in private or public God wants me to show them that same love because it never changes with environment.

Lord,
give me the love for Jew or gentile alike. Help me to make them feel welcome in any situation. Give me the words to say and the attitude of Christ.
I forever love you
Amen.

No comments: