Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

On being weak


Exodus 3-5; Luke 22


Exodus 4:1-4

1 Moses answered, “What if they do not believe me or listen to me and say, ‘The LORD did not appear to you’?” 2 Then the LORD said to him, “What is that in your hand?” “A staff,” he replied.3 The LORD said, “Throw it on the ground.” Moses threw it on the ground and it became a snake, and he ran from it. 4 Then the LORD said to him, “Reach out your hand and take it by the tail.” So Moses reached out and took hold of the snake and it turned back into a staff in his hand. 5 “This,” said the LORD, “is so that they may believe that the LORD, the God of their fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has appeared to you.”

Moses loved God. He answered Gods call and will for his life. The only problem was that Moses was weak. He was the type of person that needed things to be proven to him to believe that they were true. For example:

1. exodus 3:6 Then he said, “I am the God of your father,a]">[a] the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob.” At this, Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God.

The bush was already on fire but not burning...God had already spoken but it wasn't until God said who He was that made Moses believe it truly was God

2. exodus 3:11-12 But Moses said to God, “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?” 12 And God said, “I will be with you. And this will be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, youb]">[b] will worship God on this mountain.”

The most powerful God was telling Moses that he was chosen to free his people, yet he still didn't believe in himself and God had to give him set instructions on what to say...because Moses still didn't believe he was chosen

3. exodus 13-14 13 Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?”14 God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.c]">[c] This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

He was still trying to make excuses...

There are different types of people. 1.Those who hear audibly from God and know it to be God but still doubt and 2.Those who hear from God but are not sure it is God (me)

There are many instances when Moses was trying to get out of the idea that God wanted him to free his people. Moses was weak and needed to be shown signs to make sure that God was legit. He doubted Gods plans even though he loved God with all his heart. And in that doubt it made God angry because essentially he was doubting God all together.

Its easy to be mad at Moses because he was able to hear God audibly when so many of us (me included) haven't really heard Gods voice tell us to do anything. I've had feelings, hunches, dreams, but never a full on audible conversation with God. But what would I have done if God told me the same thing he told Moses? I may have questioned God too. Are you sure you want ME to do it? Did you get me mixed up with someone else? I may look like someone you thought you wanted to choose...

One thing that i know is that God doesn't mess up. When He chooses someone for something its for a specific reason and purpose and its all for His glory. When God calls us to do something sometimes we doubt and ask for signs and thats how Moses wanted to make sure he wasn't going crazy. I'm a signs kinda girl, I want to make sure the idea in my head is not a devil one but a God one. So if your like me ask for signs (unless God talks to you audibly than i think you already have your sign)...because, i admit, i am weak and i want to make sure that I am in Gods will and not my own.

Lord,

Thank you for the call on my life. There are times when I doubt what you have for me and I feel uncomfortable and scared, but I know what you have is far greater than any plans I may think of. You are my Father and Savior and in you I lay my life and any plans I may have selfishly thought of.

I forever love you always

No comments: