Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Friday, January 14, 2011

Humble pie


Gen 34-36; Luke 14

Luke 14: 8-11

When someone invites you to a wedding feast, do not take the place of honor, for a person more distinguished than you may have been invited. 9 If so, the host who invited both of you will come and say to you, ‘Give this man your seat’. Then, humiliated, you will have to take the least important place. 10 But when you are invited, take the lowest place, so that when your host comes, he will say to you ‘Friend, move up to a better place.’ Then you will be honored in the presence of all your fellow guests. 11 For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.


Jesus knew how people thought. He knew that some thought more highly of themselves than others. He wanted to show the people that everyone was created equal…no matter where they came from (because God created us all). However, even though some people have higher status quotas than some they should still be humble people. Jesus, knowing He was the Son of God, knowing that He would die for these people, knowing He had the power and authority to heal all, still sat with the lowest of the lows.


Being around the elite and the poorest and rejected I see no difference. I think I feel sorry more for some of the elite because they think they have it made and in any minute they don’t realize that all of it can be taken away. And not only by Gods wrath but by nature, or human error, or anything at all. I try to keep a humble attitude at all times, I don’t like sitting in the front only when I am asked to. I try to look at everyone equal (but I know that doesn’t always happen). I try to be modest and non judgemental, but I know that it doesn’t always happen. I just want to be open, free, and accepting. That’s what I want.


Lord,

You are God yet you remain humble. You are Savior yet you forgive what we perceive as unforgivable. You are Master yet you allow us to mess up. Show me your ways to become a more graceful and humble person. Allow me to see the ways of your heart and hear your voice when I am only listening to mine. Forgive me Lord, for my sins and my thoughts that are not pleasing to you.

I forever love you always and forever

No comments: