Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Monday, August 9, 2010

Jesus doesn't make mistakes


Jeremiah 3-4; John 11 John 11:47-48 "What are we accomplishing?" they asked. "Here is this man performing many miraculous signs. 48If we let him go on like this, everyone will believe in him, and then the Romans will come and take away both our placec]">[c] and our nation."
Jesus had just raised Lazarus from the dead. His friend had died and Jesus wanted to use this opportunity to show others who He really was and was capable of. Martha and Mary both questioned Jesus as why He took so long to come and heal Lazarus. If He was Jesus, than why did Lazarus have to die in the first place? But Jesus had a plan. He knew what He was doing by waiting 4 days after Lazarus died. Jesus doesn't make mistakes.

However, even after raising Lazarus from the dead and healing sick people and helping out the poor and doing everything to help the less fortunate at all means possible, the Pharisees wanted to kill Him. Jesus could never do anything right in their eyes. They were jealous and bitter and just wanted to get rid of Him because Jesus made them look bad. Once Jesus came the Pharisees and Saducees started to be exposed for who they really were, fakes. They knew the word but they didn't live it.

God wants me to live the word. He wants me to know what the Bible teaches and put it into practice. I can't just sit back and think the word would come to life by itself. The words won't jump off the page if I ask them to. They will jump off the page when I start living them. And now its my turn. My turn to do something and my turn to be like Jesus' followers and not His haters. Its time to know the word more and live it to the fullest extent. No more sitting back and doing nothing, its time to take a step and move forward.

Father,
Thank you for your word, that I can live by something and be proud of it. Thank you that I am a person that can be used by you in any means possible. You are my God and I am your child. You are my everything and I live for you. Keep me in your path that I will follow you all the days of my life.
I forever love you Always
Amen

No comments: