Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

5/16/09 Receive


1 Thessalonians 5:9-10 9For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. 10He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him.

When God called His children He wanted each one to live in His mercy. He wanted each to know of His great saving power. Paul was writing to the Thessalonians because even though they were remaining strong they still need encouragement.

Christians now still need the same encouragement which is why we are still reading the writings. No matter how old they are they consistently pertain to each generation we still need Gods salvation and power. We still need to know that He is with us no matter what or where.

Lord,
give me the strength and courage to move forward. I am with you day or night. Stay close to me and speak to your daughter. I always need your love and guidance.
I forever love you
Amen

No comments: