Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

All at Once

Hebrews 13:7 Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith. 17 Obey your leaders and submit to their authority. They keep watch over you as men who must give an account. Obey them so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no advantage to you.

Leaders have an all-together tough job. People, parents, spouses, and kids are always watching to make sure they don't mess up and say the right thing at all times. But its also hard as a disciple to almost put your life in someone elses hands like what if God tells them one thing but you feel God is telling you something else?

As a leader/pastor my life needs to be one that others can imitate and its not. At the moment I'm at such weird stage in my life that i don't wish this on anyone. I want everyone to be happy, peaceful, and just free. When i have those things all together at once i know I'll be the best leader. People will want to listen to me and follow my direction because I am ultimately doing the same thing with my leaders. Once I hear the voice of God and follow it than those following me will hear the voice of God through me and follow me.

Lord,
I have no power and authority outside of what you give me. I cannot take others to a deeper level if I am not at that level. lord, take me closer to you, closer to your word, closer to your voice, closer to your heart. I am a leader because you made me one. Keep me here God. I love this place because you trust me in this place. All I want to do is follow and obey you. I love you, you are my everything. Make me only Yours.
I love you Always
Amen

No comments: